Friday, May 6, 2011

Moving Update

I guess I should post an update here! Sorry I've been slack.

We are still working on preparing for our big move. And yes, we are still moving. :)

About two weeks ago, I received confirmation that my NC teaching licenses had been reviewed by the Texas Education Agency. They approved me for a 1 year license and said that if I take some tests then I would be able to receive a Standard 5 year license. Since I have already taken most of the tests that are comparable to the Texas states, last week I had the testing people (ETS) send my test scores on to Texas. I'm pretty sure they arrived yesterday or today. They will review my scores and decide if my tests were comparable to their's and what tests I would still need to take, if any. So, that's great news! I'm hoping not to take more because they are very costly.

We have found several apartments that we really like in Fort Worth. We have found an area that is close to the school but also near a park too. There are several to choose from so it has been hard. Southwestern recommended a company that works with people looking to rent. We contacted them and they have been helping us a LOT. We tell them what we are interested in and they come back with all of the info on prices, sq.ft., neighborhoods, specials, etc.

We still need to find someone to rent out home. We originally were planning to sell our home but in order to maintain our "assets" for our adoption, we thought it would be best to rent. Later, we can sell it when we need to. Also, this is apparently a renter's market because many people are not being approved for home loans like they were in years past. We have been advertising through friends, flyers, and facebook. Hah, the 3 F's. Some people have been interested but it hasn't been exactly what they needed. So, just a couple days ago we listed our home on Craigslist. We already received 2 responses. Pray that the right family would just come to us and we would know who that is. We want this to be a smooth process and that's what we are praying for.

Many people have asked when we are hoping to move. We HAVE to be in Ft. Worth by August so we would like to move in in July. That is our goal. Would you pray with us that we can make it there by then??

0 comments:

Post a Comment