Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Tuesday's Update

I’m writing this from my mother-in-law’s house. Today was crazy. Well, this past week has been crazy. I still can’t believe we’re leaving on Thursday. That it’s not a vacation and that we won’t be living in our house again. Tonight, the finality of it all started to sink in. I guess that’s what happens when all of the furniture from your house gets squashed into a Budget rental truck. It’s been difficult for me to pack. Yes, I’m just all around a procrastinator when it comes to packing but I think subconsciously I just kept putting it off because I knew that the more I packed up our stuff the less and less our home would look like home. In my mind, I thought we would be staying the night there tonight and maybe tomorrow night. I don’t know why I thought that because you have to pack up your beds too! Thankfully my family came to the rescue. All of my family came over after work to help load up the truck and pack and they even cleaned up too. I don’t know how it would have gotten accomplished without them. I would still be sitting there with my planner personality trying to fit everything exactly by size into boxes and writing up a list of how to pack it all. Thank the Lord that they came and just started putting everything in boxes and bags and carrying it out. That was the only way that it was gonna get done…by just doing it. So for tonight I just want to say thank you to them. For being my family, for loving me and Isabel and Brian, and for doing whatever they could to help us. I probably shouldn’t type anymore because then I’ll just start thinking about how I’m going to miss them and then I’ll probably start to cry and then I’ll never finish this entry. Besides, tomorrow is a FULL day and I should get my rest since I’m driving 10 hours to Memphis on Thursday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment