I figure I owe everyone out there an update. :) Sorry I have checked out of blogging for a while. We've been unpacking, applying for jobs, and swimming. We have both been applying for several jobs and have wondered and wondered why we couldn't seem to get any of them. I was able to get an interview for a job that I really wanted as a bilingual Kindergarten teacher a couple weeks ago. It went great and the principal called me and said they really wanted me to work there and thought I'd be a great fit. However, they were having a problem with my Texas certification. She worked with the district office for about a week trying to figure something out but it came down to the fact that in NC there is no such thing as bilingual ed. certification so I technically couldn't take the job. I could take the test here in September but they couldn't hire me now. The principal was so kind and encouraging and said for me to please stay in touch and let her know if I get certified later on. After that I was pretty discouraged and started applying for every Spanish job I could find. I found out that was the only area that I would be allowed to teach. So, still time went by and we heard nothing. We started feeling worried and were being to freak out a bit. If we didn't find a job by the end of the month, we couldn't pay the rent. We just kept remembering that God had called us here and that He has continually provided for us....even though we didn't see ANY signs of it yet. God did lead us to a special verse though. We started reading Habakkuk. Habakkuk had a lot of issues that He brought before the LORD. He didn't understand what was happening and he certainly didn't understand God's timing. However, God was so good to respond this way:
"For still the vision awaits its appointed time; it hastens to the end - it will not lie. If it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay." - Habakkuk 2:3
We committed to trust the LORD no matter what His timing. At the end of Habakkuk, he says, "Yet I will rejoice in the LORD; I will take joy in the God of my salvation. God, the LORD, is my strength; He makes my feet like the deer's; He makes me tread on my high places."
Well, fast forward to last Sunday. We have been attending a church here that is super close to where we live. It's incredible really because we know that God perfectly led us to it. There are several families that have adopted and many of those are trans-racial adoptions. Also, there are many families like ours, that have the husband attending Southwestern. There seems to be a real community there and we really like that. So, anyway, we went to a worship/prayer/communion service last Sunday night. We decided to ask for prayer for employment and for Isabel as she starts Kindergarten. At first I felt funny to ask since we had only visited the church 2 or 3 times...but I really just felt so comfortable there. They all came over and prayed for us and it was so encouraging. We left with a sense of hope. We left knowing that God would indeed provide. I love that about God's people. I love that we have each other to remind one another of God's faithfulness and goodness, to spur us on in our faith. So, the very next day, we anticipated something...we just waited knowing that somehow or another one of us was going to get a job. Finally, at 8:45pm, I got a call from a principal of a local high school. He wanted to interview me for a Spanish teaching position. We took a deep breath and relaxed. No, I didn't have the job yet and I hadn't even interviewed yet but we knew.
So, I went for the interview on Wednesday. I got mixed up and went to the other Ninth Grade Campus but they didn't mind and they actually were still interviewing another candidate. The principal told me it would probably be another 30minutes because that lady had car trouble and arrived late. I decided to just sit and write some notes about what I would do as a Spanish teacher. I wrote down some prayers and that 30minutes actually turned out to be perfect because it helped me relax and prepare for the longest interview of my life. Seriously. I was called into their office to interview with the principal and asst. principal. They were both really nice but they wasted no time in asking me every question you can imagine. I answered all their questions and when the last question came, I was so relieved. They thanked me for coming and said that they hoped to let me know as soon as possible about the position. I walked out really having no idea how the interview went. I just wanted to sit in my car and not think for a while. Haha. So, I headed home to relax.
On Thursday, one of my references called me to tell me that she received a call from the school about me. She said they seemed very excited about me and she just knew that would hire me. I still didn't hear anything all day but then this morning, around 9am, I received a call from the principal and he said he was happy to offer me the position of Spanish teacher at their school! Yay!!!
So, this is all new for me. I have taught elementary school for the past 7 years! I know God is stretching me and planning something way better than I could have planned. I'm excited about this opportunity but nervous too! We are just so so thankful that God has provided a full-time job for me so that Brian can go to school full-time. I start sometime next week (when the district processes me as a new hire). Brian and Isabel both start school the week after that.
Thank you all for your prayers! We are so so grateful. It's late now but tomorrow I'm going to post about some exciting news about our house that we have been trying to sell.



0 comments:
Post a Comment