Wednesday, September 21, 2011

September Prayer Requests

I know that I haven't been great at updating my blog or for that matter even reading blogs. I've just been feeling a little, no wait, a lot overwhelmed. We know that we are in the right place but at this time it feels as though we are under a lot of attack. I say that to ask for your prayers. I do want to also share some ways that God has provided for and taken care of us despite craziness that is going on. To be specific, here are some things that have been going on lately.

* I have been sick for about 2 weeks now. I went to the doctor and was given an antibiotic and some cough medicine. On the weekends, I feel better but as soon as I am back at school I start coughing (a ton) and my throat hurts and my head hurts. I think that I might be allergic to chalk or something since I have a big nasty chalkboard in my room. On a good note, the chalkboard was supposed to be taken down this evening and when I return tomorrow will be replaced with a nice new dry erase board. I'm hoping that this helps. I also found out that the school I work at was built sometime in the 50's and is the oldest one in the system.

* Our car broke down. Like completely. The Honda that we thought would last us longer has finally died. The amazing thing about this is that we were able to turn around and sell it for cash on C.list. So we started looking around and researching cars. We were pretty sure we wanted another Honda so we started there. We didn't really have anything particular in mind, maybe another Accord. Well, when we got there we looked at a few and saw some things we might could afford and some other things we definitely couldn't afford. We decided to check out another dealership too. It was not good and the people were not helpful at all. So we headed back to dealership A because we really like the salesman that we had been talking to. No one was pushy or rude. So when we returned the salesman took us inside to see a car that was on display. Apparently for that weekend they had advertised a CRV at a ridiculously great price to try to get people to come in and buy a car. That was the one they put in the paper to get people to come in. Well, turns out the car was Honda certified, which means we have a warranty for a while, has pretty low mileage, was in our price range, and actually runs (unlike our other Honda)! So, yesterday we got everything finished and we bought it! This car is 3 years old. This is crazy new for us. Our newest car was 8 years old and our other one was 11 years old. Both over 200,000 miles. Yeah, we wanted to drive our cars until we couldn't anymore.
We still have our other car but it's not in great shape either. We are seriously considering selling it too and just using one car. So far we've been trying that out and we like it. All of our schedules are staggered so it works. We'll see though.

* My school. The school that I work at is difficult. The staff/faculty is awesome. I am so thankful that I have people that offer to help me and check in on me. However, in the classroom, I am dealing with more defiance, disrespect, and disruptions than I have ever seen or dealt with before. I'm planning lessons where they aren't in their seats for 90 minutes. I'm planning stuff that is relevant and interesting. I have many students that are truly engaged and want to learn....but I also have several students that do not. Please pray for me. Pray that I would have wisdom to know what to say and how to say it. Pray that I would show love but also be just.

I guess those are the three main things I wanted to share. Brian, of course, would also appreciate prayer. He is studying Greek every night. Pray that he would learn it well and that he would have supernatural ability to understand and process everything.

*Oh, also, please continue to pray for the right job to become available for Brian. He wants to work and is applying for many jobs.

Thank you all! I'm not sure how many of you out there are still reading but I sorta wanted to write an update for my processing too. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment