Friday, October 28, 2011

Texas State Fair!

Well as soon as we got to the fair we got some tickets and then got a map. Yes, this fair has a booklet with several maps. Now, I'm used to our little Dixie Classic Fair in NC where there are no multi-page booklets or 52 foot Texans! We had a lot of fun at this fair!
The great thing is that Big Tex is an awesome landmark to help you find corny dogs (yes, that's what they're called here)! He also greets you and waves his arm.

The first thing we did was find Big Tex so we could eat! EVERYBODY told us to get a Fletcher's Corny Dog so we knew we had to! They are AMAZING!
They also had yummy lemonade in Big Tex cups. :)

As we started walking to toward the Midway we got closer and closer to the Texas Star. That's the name of the tallest ferris wheel in the Western Hemisphere! Crazy huh? It is huge.


Finally we made it to the Kidway where all of the kiddie rides were. At first Isabel was a little nervous but then she warmed up and wanted to ride a lot!

The Fun House! She didn't want to come out!

She said the motorcycle ride was a little too fast for her. :)

Brian rode the "Ladybug" with her and she laughed and smiled the entire time!

Flying Dumbos! I mean "Jumpin' Jumbos"...this isn't Disneyworld after all.

Of course we had to have one more snack!! These have to be, hands down the best nachos I've ever had!! Oh my word. They all came with a little Mexican flag and Texas shaped tortilla chips! (and yes, my chip is backwards)

Whew, we had a great time but we were soo tired when we left. I guess I should have also included Brian's big pretzel, Isabel's crazy bubble blower gun, the cool handmade Mexican belt I found at Mundo Latino, and the enormous car show that was 350,000 sq.ft. of space filled with lots of new cars (Brian really liked this!). We also saw a crazy conspiracy theorist wandering around and just missed the pig races and dog acrobatics! All in all it was a good day. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment